Call for Submission
Researchers, professionals, and advocates are invited to submit Community Case Studies showcasing use of research knowledge in successful models of care in diverse communities. Case studies may illustrate:
(a) use of evidence-based tools in the process of early identification (surveillance, screening, or diagnosis) of autism in community settings,
(b) community-based models of care for early identification and/or intervention that have made use of research knowledge
and/or (c) use of research knowledge to effect practice or policy change.
Case Studies will be reviewed and evaluated by the SIG Advisory Group based on the criteria outlined below. Selected case studies will be featured during an online SIG forum.
Call for submission: Aug 1, 2014
Rolling submission: Aug 1, 2014 - Nov 10, 2014 (no submissions will be accepted after this date)
Selected case studies will be announced and posted on this website.
Case Studies will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Relevance for early identification and/or intervention for autism
- Use of research knowledge and/or partnership between researchers and community practitioners
- Demonstrates active partnerships and engagement among researchers, community professionals, and/or advocates
- Demonstrates measurable impact in community-based settings
- Generalizability to other communities
How to Submit
The Community Case Study Submission will open on Aug 1. Download Application.
Selected Case Studies will be featured during an online forum open to SIG members (dates to be confirmed). Participants will be able to view the Cases and to comment and/or pose questions to the presenters any time during the workshop days.